Extremely Slow Incremental Backup Speed Issue in JetBackup

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
omidch

Extremely Slow Incremental Backup Speed Issue in JetBackup

Post by omidch »

Hello, I have installed JetBackup on Ubuntu 20 Linux server, and cPanel is running on it. I have configured the following settings in WHM, but unfortunately, the backup process has been taking 4 days for 80 GB and 9 accounts. The network port on both my server and the backup server is 10 gigabits per second, and a connection test between the two servers has been successful with very high transfer speeds for compressed files.

Destination:
- FTP
- Maximum Concurrent Threads = 100
- Passive Mode = Enabled

Backup Job:
- Backup Type = Accounts
- Backup Contains = all
- Backup Structure = Incremental
- Every day (7 retian)

I suspect that the issue arose after installing CSF on the server. Even the connection had problems, but I resolved it by adding the backup server's IP to the allow list. Currently, if I enter through cPanel and specify FTP details in the backup section, it quickly takes a full backup on the same server. However, JetBackup is problematic, extremely slow, and taking 4 days for 80 GB of data.

What could be the issue? How can I resolve this problem?
JetAppsKevin
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Extremely Slow Incremental Backup Speed Issue in JetBackup

Post by JetAppsKevin »

Hello omidch,

Thank you for reaching out to us. There are many factors that can influence the backup performance in JetBackup 5. With this in mind, you can change the following settings in JetBackup to decrease backup times:

* Increase the destination's Maximum Concurrent Threads settings (Destinations >> [Select the Destination] >> Manage Destination)

* Increase the Concurrent Backup/Clone Tasks (Settings >> Performance). We recommend one CPU core per task.

* Increase the CPU limit (Settings >> Resource). We recommend 100% per CPU core if available.

If you are still receiving slow backups, please do not hesitate to contact our Tech Support Team by emailing [email protected].

Best Regards,
Kevin N
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com