S3 storage is much higher than Total Account Usage

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
sandtim

S3 storage is much higher than Total Account Usage

Post by sandtim »

In the dashboard of Jetbackup5, I see Total Account Usage of 34.7GB. However, in Backblaze, my bucket size is 9,347 GB. Should these numbers be closer? Is Jetbackup not deleting old backups? I have 21 accounts on my web server. My current disk usage on the server is about 57Gb as reported by WHM server information. I have the Jetbackup job configured to keep 14 nightly backups, 14 weekly backups, and 14 monthly backups. The backup structure is set to Compressed.

Is Total Account Usage the amount of data used in one backup? If so (34.7GB X 14 Nightly backups) + (34.7GB X 14 Weekly backups) + (34.7GB X 14 Weekly backups) still only comes to 1,457.4 GB's. That's still a long way from my Backblaze bucket size of 9,347 GB.

Any Ideas?
sandtim

Re: S3 storage is much higher than Total Account Usage

Post by sandtim »

For anyone else with the same issue. After going through Cpanel and then JetBackup support, we found that the default setting in BackBlaze for "Lifecycle Settings" causes this. The setting needs to be changed from "Keep all versions of the file (default)" to "Keep only the last version of the file". My usage is now 485.8 GB

I also changed my settings to keep 7 days, 7 weeks and 7 months. But this change by itself did not affect the storage issue.