Cannot Setup Remote Locations

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
AgentEccks

Cannot Setup Remote Locations

Post by AgentEccks »

I've now tried 3 different locations and cannot get any to work/connect/validate.

I have an account with ADrive which allows rsync via SSH. If I try to connect with password I get the following error:
ADrive - We could not validate this connection. Response: Login Failed
If I try ADrive with key (path to key file), I get the following error:
ADrive - We could not validate this connection. Unknown Error
I've already logged in to the remote account and accepted the remote key for allowed hosts, but connecting via SSH from server command line gives for following info.:
root [~]# ssh *username*
*username* password:
Last login: Mon Aug 1 23:15:05 2016 from *IP Address*

This account is restricted by rssh.
Allowed commands: scp rsync

If you believe this is in error, please contact your system administrator.

Connection to rsync.adrive.com closed.
root [~]#
Trying to connect to AWS, I cannot even get through setup as I am given the following error when trying to save the location:
Invalid value provided to the field "Secret Access Key"
So, connection will not save. I actually created two different keys, and tried both with the same error.

I've also, tried to connect to Dreamhost's DreamObjects, and although I am not sure I've entered everything correctly (rsync documentation is scarce), I get an "unknown error" and cannot save here either.

Also, when trying to setup the ADrive connection, I mistakenly entered `sftp.adrive.com` at first (ADrive supports multiple protocols), now I have an entry listed in the `Backup Destination` that is grayed out with an "Unsupported Destination" error:
JBM is not supporting SFTP Destinations.
I cannot do anything with this connection (edit/delete), how can I remove this entry as well?

Please advise.
elialum
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Cannot Setup Remote Locations

Post by elialum »

Hi,
ADrive - We could not validate this connection. Unknown Error
Looks like they have their own proprietary rsync solution, and it's not a regular "ssh" box. While trying to validate a remove ssh destination, we will try to do a "regular" privileged user login, and simple write an empty file.

Let's start simple first :)
Can you try with a remote "regular" ssh machine ?

Thanks,
Eli.