Documentation

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
jack48

Documentation

Post by jack48 »

Hello,

Please update the documentation, it is a bit outdated. Thank you very much.

For example:
http://wiki.jetbackupmanager.com/backup-job-types
Is it really needed to have enabled backup rotation for snapshots optimizations. I have tested it and it seems it is keeping backup retentions copies only for the changes/new files (so we save space this way)

Other stuff include missing documentation for new options/features etc.. and one important thing is about the ssh remote access - when creating backup destination there is an option to use a SSH private key.
I have entered the path to the key but it does not work without password, although I have tested this in SSH and it logins without prompt. There is lack of documentation about the SSH key (only tutorial for creating SSH keys, but no tutorials on how to setup backup destination without SSH password - only with ssh keys)...
jack48

Re: Documentation

Post by jack48 »

Also how can I export/copy the jetbackup configuration so that I can use the same or similar configuration on another server.
This will be useful when managing many servers and when deploying to new servers.
idanbe
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by idanbe »

jack48 wrote:Also how can I export/copy the jetbackup configuration so that I can use the same or similar configuration on another server.
This will be useful when managing many servers and when deploying to new servers.
Hello,

That option is available in our WHMCS module.
There is an "Easy Deployment" that easily deploy multiple servers at once from clean installation or from server template.

You can download our module from the following link:
http://jetlicense.com/downloads/backupm ... latest.zip
jack48

Post by jack48 »

Thank you.

Another thing:

"Clear cache is in progress (server pid 143408)."
This stays forever like more than 22 hours now, which is strange (the backup itself is done in less than an hour).

Can you please explain more about what cache is being cleaned and what to do in this situation, thank you.
idanbe
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by idanbe »

Hello,

Please check if the "Update Remote Incremental Backups Sizes" option is enabled, if do disabled and rerun the clear cache.
you can find that option on:

"Settings > Performance Settings"
jack48

Post by jack48 »

Yes, it is enabled, I will try, thank you, but should I kill the current process?
idanbe
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by idanbe »

Yes
jack48

Post by jack48 »

Thank you, it works fast now.
jack48

Post by jack48 »

When I restore a folder using jetbackup instead of restoring it (replacing the current directory) it creates a new directory in it and restores the files there instead. So I have to manually go and move the files in the upper directory.

Example:
Dir to restore: /home/john/test/
Instead of replacing /home/john/test with the backup it creates the a dir /home/john/test/test/ and restores the contents of the backup there.

Can anyone help?
idanbe
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by idanbe »

Hello,

Please open support ticket
and provide root login details to the server