Get orphaned account details via jetbackup5api

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
mwabini

Get orphaned account details via jetbackup5api

Post by mwabini »

Hello,

Am trying to create a script that can create a backup and send it to a user via email

During the process, i need an account_id which i can get using the command below:
jetbackup5api -F listBackupForAccounts -D "type=1&contains=511" -O json

The problem is, when i run the command above, it does not return results for orphaned accounts. So whenever I need the account details for orphanned accounts, I cant get them

I have tried modifiying the command to the one below based on the boolean parameter i found under listAccounts function but that paramenter doesn't work for listBackupForAccounts function
jetbackup5api -F listBackupForAccounts -D "type=1&contains=511&orphan=1" -O json

How can I successfully list backups for all accounts, or at least orphan accounts only, using the Jetbackup5API?
JetAppsKevin
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Get orphaned account details via jetbackup5api

Post by JetAppsKevin »

Hello mwabini,

Regarding this issue, we have closed an internal case that adds the ability to list the backups for orphaned accounts using our API. It will be included in our next update v5.3.9 that is expected to be released in February/March 2024. The command that you wrote for your script will function properly when the update is pushed.

Code: Select all

jetbackup5api -F listBackupForAccounts -D 'type=1&contains=511&orphan=1'
Best Regards,
Kevin N
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com
mwabini

Post by mwabini »

Great. Thanks a lot for the response Kevin
mwabini

Post by mwabini »

Hello,

Was this feature enabled?

Am running jetbackup 5.3.9 but i still can't get the orphaned accounts

My jetbackup version

JetBackup - Base 5.3.9 | cPanel Panel 5.3.9 (Current Tier STABLE)

Command am running

jetbackup5api -F listBackupForAccounts -D 'type=1&contains=511&orphan=1'
Expected result
I expected it to list the orphaned accounts.

What actually happen
The command will only lists active accounts. i have 119 orphaned accounts but they aren't listed. its like the orphan=1 part is being ignored.
JetAppsKevin
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsKevin »

Hi mwabini,

Apologies for the inconvenience. Internal case JB5-Base #1511 which was created to address this issue was pushed to v5.3.10 which will be released later this month, April 2024. I can confirm that the case is currently closed, and when the update is released, you will be able to see that reflected in our changelog.

https://changelog.jetbackup.com/jetbackup/5/base#base

For further insight, there were critical issues that were resolved in v5.3.9. With this in mind, some cases were pushed to the next patch in order to prioritize these issues and ensure the stability of core JetBackup functions.

Apologies once again for the delay.
Kevin N
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com