Plugin telegram

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
ludolugo

Plugin telegram

Post by ludolugo »

Hi,
I need to configure the telegram notification plugin in serveral servers so i like to do it massivly trrough CLI, but in the API documentation there is no documentation abou it, i managed to find some of the parameters but i guess i'm missing one because a get the error message:

Code: Select all

No chats found, Please start a chat with your bot 

As far as i know we have to send a message to the bot in order to complete, but i don't know the parameter, can you tell me all the parameters to use in CLI to configure it?
JetAppsAnton
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Plugin telegram

Post by JetAppsAnton »

Hello ludolugo,

As per the error you provided, it appears that JetBackup is not receiving any response from your Telegram Bot. Please try directly sending a message through your Telegram Bot and try configuring your Telegram Notification in JetBackup one more time. Once you verify that you are able to successfully authenticate with Telegram, you should be able to authenticate via the CLI using the following jetbackup5api command:

Code: Select all

jetbackup5api -F manageNotificationIntegration -D 'action=create&frequency[1]=1&frequency[2]=1&frequency[4]=1&name={NOTIFICATION_NAME}&type=Telegram&options[token]={TELEGRAM_BOT_TOKEN}'
For more information regarding the API call above, please visit manageNotificationIntegration API

Thank you.
Anton, JetApps Team
ludolugo

Post by ludolugo »

and how do i send a message to the telegram bot from jetbackup?
JetAppsAnton
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsAnton »

Hello ludolugo,

Thank you for following up. Just to clarify, you would need to send an initial message to your Telegram bot directly from the Telegram App. Once sent, please try configuring your Telegram Notification in JetBackup to verify that JetBackup is able to connect to your Telegram Bot.

Thank you.
Anton, JetApps Team
ludolugo

Post by ludolugo »

great!, it's working now.

Thanks
gwpulido

Post by gwpulido »

Hello, same trouble here is, but one of the main issues is this plugin can't configure the chat id via web interface. So, if I add it the parameter via API, it doesn't change:

My API Call is:

jetbackup5api -F manageNotificationIntegration -D "action=create&name=Alertas JB hostX&type=Telegram&frequency[4]=1&options[token]=123321:AABCDEEFGEGVDRGFVTGD&options[chat_id]=45678912"

Even if I deleted the previous notificationIntegration item, chat_id never changes.

PD: Bot is working correctly and I created and tested another bot, but the issue remains.
Last edited by gwpulido on September 14th, 2022, 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
JetAppsAdam
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsAdam »

Hello,

Can you please clarify your version of JetBackup 5 and the JetBackup Slack Plugin? Please note that we updated the Slack Plugin that allows you to specify the Channel ID (v1.0.19). This is compatible with JetBackup 5.2.9 and above. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to our 24/7/365 support team at [email protected]!
Thank you,

Adam G
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com
gwpulido

Post by gwpulido »

Hello, we are using JetBackup 5.2.7 and only Telegram Plugin, not the Slack Plugin. Thanks
JetAppsAdam
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsAdam »

Hello,

Sorry for the misunderstanding regarding which plugin you were asking about! Just to clarify, the Telegram plugin for JetBackup 5 does not currently support the option to specify a chat_id that is different from the default. If this is a feature that you would like in JetBackup we highly recommend creating a feature request at https://request.jetapps.com/ as gaining a high number of votes for your request helps our team gauge the demand and assess how to best allocate our development resources towards features that are popular with the JetBackup community.
Thank you,

Adam G
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com
gwpulido

Post by gwpulido »

Thanks. I did it as soon as your answer arrived. But today we (both ludoludo and me, because we're coworkers) had a few more attempts but we had the same disappointing result. The API Field [chat_id] must be writable and get the directly from the user's input the chat ID (group ID) instead of the bot's owner ID.

Thanks.