Restore DNS record for site in DNS cluster does not work

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
myshop

Restore DNS record for site in DNS cluster does not work

Post by myshop »

I had to restore some zone's for an account on a webserver today that is in a cPanel DNS cluster.

The restore appeared to function fine, but the zone was not restored?

I was able to verify that the backup had the correct zone by downloading it. The restore feature did not restore the zone thou.
I tried this with a single and multi-account restore.

Running 5.2.7
JetappsCris
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Restore DNS record for site in DNS cluster does not work

Post by JetappsCris »

Hi myshop,

Thank you for reaching out to us via the forums. We're sorry for the issue you're facing.
Because clusters have their own zones, when restoring accounts in the cluster, they will inherit the cluster's zone.
This is a known issue our team is currently working on, and they will release the patch when completed.

The current workaround our team has developed would be changing the status of DNS Clustering to "Standalone" or disabling it.
Then, once your restoration is done, they can be added back to the cluster.

However, if you continue to have any issues, please feel free to reach out to our 24/7 support team at [email protected].
Best Regards,
Cristofer, JetApps Team
myshop

Post by myshop »

What is the status of this - Its a big problem - if we forget to manually fix a users zone after a restore, their DNS is borked
JetAppsAdam
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsAdam »

Just an update regarding this case, our development team's main focus is on pushing toward PHP 8 at this time https://blog.jetapps.com/jetapps-newsletter-may-2022/, we do currently have a Git Case JB5-CP #102 open, and our devs are looking into this matter. You can follow up on the changes on our changelog https://changelog.jetbackup.com/jetbackup/5/base#cpanel
Thank you,

Adam G
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com