How do i decrypt backup of an account

Web hosting environments are constantly evolving. DirectAdmin stays in-step with today’s most sophisticated solutions.
thambyz

How do i decrypt backup of an account

Post by thambyz »

Hi,
I created an account backup using JetBackup on Directadmin from a normal account(i am not root user, just a reseller)
When i checked the backup, i see different folders like export, files, snap.1, snap.2 etc

How do i retrieve actual files from this, all file names are encrypted inside files folder, but content is not encrypted, i can see the code or images when i add appropriate extension or open via code editor.
Is it possible to restore actual directories and file names without using jetbackup?

I tried asking my hosting provider but there is no response.

Thank you.
Last edited by thambyz on November 18th, 2022, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
JetAppsAdam
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: How do i decrypt backup of an account

Post by JetAppsAdam »

Hello thambyz,

If you are seeing what look to be encrypted file names, this indicates that you are probably using an S3 storage destination for your backup job. You can read more about the difference between S3 storage objects and traditional files here:

https://docs.jetbackup.com/v5.2/adminpa ... Comparison

As for how to go about retrieving the actual files from a backup, the only supported way to do this would be to either download or restore the saved backup. https://docs.jetbackup.com/v5.2/adminpa ... nload.html

If you have any further questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to reach out!
Thank you,

Adam G
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com
thambyz

Re: How do i decrypt backup of an account

Post by thambyz »

Thanks for the update. Yes, i am using S3 storage.

I only have "SSH" and "S3 Compatible - Experimental" options as destination type.