JetBackup menu missing from cPanel

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
Morais

JetBackup menu missing from cPanel

Post by Morais »

Hy!

I'm running cPanel 108.0.14, CloudLinux 8.7 and JetBackup 5.2.10 (stable). For some reason, the JetBackup menu is not seen in the cPanel interface. The flag "JetBackup 5" is properly active in the feature associated with the plans our customers were assigned to.

Even though the topic below suggests that an incompatibility with the Jupter theme was fixed in JetBackup 5.2, I tried following those steps anyway but nothing changed:

viewtopic.php?t=422

Code: Select all

$ ln -s /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/paper_lantern/jetbackup5 /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/jupiter/jetbackup
$ /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/install_plugin /usr/local/jetapps/install/jetbackup5/cpanel/jetbackup5_cpanel.tar.gz --theme jupiter
info [install_plugin] Installing to jupiter
info [install_plugin] Scheduling task to update sprites
info [install_plugin] Scheduling task to update API spec files
Plugin installed ok
$
JetBackup is working totally fine from WHM and jobs are running as scheduled, no issues on that regard. The only problem is the fact that the customers can't use JetBackup through cPanel. I should note that all of our customers use the Jupiter theme, we don't have any other theme installed.

We run several cPanel + JetBackup servers and this one appears to be the only one affected, the only glaring difference between them is the fact that the affected server is our newest box (just 4 months old).

What could be the culprit now?

Thanks!
JetAppsAdam
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: JetBackup menu missing from cPanel

Post by JetAppsAdam »

Hello Morais,

Apologies for the delayed response. We were unable to replicate the issue in our test environment. However, you can take a few steps to see if this resolves the issue. Firstly, it appears as if the command that you have run may be slightly misconfigured. Can you try running the following command instead?

ln -s /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/paper_lantern/jetbackup5 /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/jupiter/jetbackup5
Second, can you try updating your JetBackup to the latest stable release (5.2.11) from your current version (5.2.10)? You can do so by running the following command:

jetapps -u jetbackup5-cpanel
If neither of these steps works, we advise that you open a ticket with our 24/7/365 support team! You can do so by emailing [email protected].
Thank you,

Adam G
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com
Morais

Post by Morais »

Thank you for looking into this, Adam!

The symbolic link had been previously created correctly (your suggested command returned "File Exists"), also updating JetBackup didn't have any effect on the issue.

Ultimately I went for a trial-and-error approach and sorted this out. The solution was to edit out the Feature's properties by first unchecking the "JetBackup5 (plugin)" flag, saving the changes and then checking it and saving again. At that point the JetBackup5 icon immediately showed up in our customer's cPanel accounts as intended.

It's probably a cPanel thing, I haven't investigated the root cause of this issue. I'm just glad it's sorted out with the good and old "turn it off and on again", which never disappoints. :D

Thanks, Adam! Have a great day!
JetAppsAdam
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsAdam »

Hello Morais,

We are very glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue! If anything changes, or you have any further questions or concerns regarding this matter please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Have a great day!
Thank you,

Adam G
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com