Restore Jetbackup 5 full backup in other server cPanel without jetbackup

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
castris

Restore Jetbackup 5 full backup in other server cPanel without jetbackup

Post by castris »

Hi.

I'm made tests with full downloads

Obtained from the WHM with full Download.
When I go to restore the backup, it fails me because it tells me that the user is not found in the backup

Process
  • WHM Made download full
  • MOve file to server cpanel for testing without Jetbackup
If tries

Code: Select all

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/restorepkg download_losjerez_1678434541_42530.tar.gz
. . .
[268637][RESTORE:1 ][A:download_losjere]:       Failed to extract the archive at “/home/download_losjerez_1678434541_42530.tar.gz”: _normalize_extracted_archive: The extracted archive does not contain a valid cpanel user file.
. . . 
I see that a full backup tar.gz has format backup/homedir instead losjerez/homedir

How I can download a tar.gz full compatible with cPanel include if server of destination has not a JetBackup?
JetAppsAdam
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Restore Jetbackup 5 full backup in other server cPanel without jetbackup

Post by JetAppsAdam »

Hello castris,

Just to provide some clarification, it should be noted that JetBackup 5 does not offer official support for restoring backups created with JetBackup 5 using any method other than JetBackup 5. This means that you would have to make sure that JetBackup 5 is installed on the server that you are trying to restore the backup on. With that being said, there is an unofficial script for converting JetBackup 5 backups to the cPanel backup structure that you can try to use to work around this issue https://thelazyadmin.blog/convert-jetbackup-to-cpanel. Please note that this script is not officially supported, and using it is AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Thank you,

Adam G
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com