How to control incremental backup size?

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
skrl

How to control incremental backup size?

Post by skrl »

I have set up two backup jobs; one for all the accounts in a cPanel (WHM), and another for the /etc directory of the server. In total there are 23 cPanel accounts on this server. There is also set an FTP destination on a remote location. On the destination I have been given 200GB of storage space. Also, both of the backup jobs are incremental ones. The server is only a Mail and DNS server; there is no web service there. There are of course the default public_ftp and public_html directories, but they have no contents.

The problem I am having is that I am running out of storage space on the remote destination. Is there any way to set a maximum backup total size and when that is reached, then the older backups to get overwritten? Should I set a lower retain limit? Currently it is set to 15.

Are there any other options available? Please advise.
JetAppsAdam
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: How to control incremental backup size?

Post by JetAppsAdam »

Hello skrl,

In this instance, the best way to manage the storage space utilized by your backups is by configuring the number of backups to be retained. If you are currently encountering storage capacity issues while retaining 15 backups, I would suggest reducing this value to minimize the number of backups stored and subsequently consume less space. While JetBackup does not currently offer an option to set a maximum backup size limit, you can submit a feature request at request.jetapps.com should you want this to be added to JetBackup in the future. Please note that our development team employs a voting mechanism to gauge the demand for new features. Higher vote counts increase the likelihood of a feature being considered by our team.
Thank you,

Adam G
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com