Timer GMT Backup

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
Ewertongk2

Timer GMT Backup

Post by Ewertongk2 »

Hi!
I use jetbackup 5 in cpanel, I noticed that when I set a time for the backup, it starts the backup at GMT 00:00
But I live in Brazil and my GMT time is -03:00
I did not find a place to make this change in the application.
Is it possible to make this change to be more didactic?
JetAppsAdam
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Timer GMT Backup

Post by JetAppsAdam »

Hello Ewertongk2,

In JetBackup 5, backup schedules are based on the configured time zone of the server. To ensure that backup jobs run at the desired time, please verify that the server's time zone is correctly set to your local time zone. Note that JetBackup 5 logs are recorded in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
Thank you,

Adam G
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com
Ewertongk2

Post by Ewertongk2 »

The server has the correct time which is GMT+3
But when I print a log it prints with GMT+0
The backup is configured to start at the correct time, which would be Hrs 01:00 where it starts normally, but the log is wrong, it appears with GMT+0, starting at 01:00 but printing at 04:00
I need to know how I can fix this, any internal coding in jetbackup?
JetAppsAdam
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsAdam »

Hello Ewertongk2,

Just to clarify, JetBackup tasks (backups, restores, and other background processes) are executed based on your Server's Local Timezone (GMT-3 on your case). As for activity logging, JetBackup utilizes the UTC Timezone as this allows for a static timezone (UTC) for JetBackup logs across multiple servers/timezone. This means that JetBackup timestamps the logs based on UTC, regardless of your Server's Local Timezone.

We would strongly recommend submitting a feature request at our requests site here: https://request.jetapps.com/ if you'd like the ability to change logging to be in the local server timezone in the future. Our Developers are very active on the request site and regularly adjust our development roadmap based on the popularity and feasibility of a request.
Thank you,

Adam G
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com