Delete Old backups in local

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
rcabanzor

Delete Old backups in local

Post by rcabanzor »

Hi, Community, i have Almalinux 8, cPanel + JetBackup 5

I have old Backups in "LOCAL" and now i use a "Amazon s3" backup.

The problem is that it consumes a lot of hard disk, and I don't want to continue having backup in "local" only in "s3". But the "local" is not deleted automatically.

I try delete the destination "local", and now i have the status Index.. then how i can delete this old backup "local"?

Thanks.
JetAppsAdam
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Delete Old backups in local

Post by JetAppsAdam »

Hello rcabanzor,

The recommended way to delete old backup files is to set up the appropriate retentions and filters on your Backup Job(s) associated with the backups you prefer to delete as well as adjust your Manual/Orphan Backup TTL settings and let JetBackup execute its automatic cleanup. You can read more about the recommended method of cleaning up old backups in our documentation here:

https://docs.jetbackup.com/v5.2/adminpa ... -jetbackup

However, if you would like to manually delete the backups in your local backup destination, though we do not recommend this method, you can simply use the terminal to manually do so. You should be able to delete the local destination from JetBackup as long as the destination does not have any assigned backup jobs. If the destination does not have any assigned jobs and you are still unable to delete it, we recommend that you open a ticket with our 24/7/365 support staff!

Thank you,
Thank you,

Adam G
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com