Restore all databases only, is it possibble?

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
zoltanp

Restore all databases only, is it possibble?

Post by zoltanp »

Hello!

Is it possibble somehow to restore ALL databases created on a specific date?
Example: I would like to restore only the databases for all the accounts created on 6th november.
If I go to Jetbackup admin then I see the option to restore only one database per account. But some accounts got 2 or more different databases.
I hope you'll have som eidea to do that :)

thank you

Zoltan
JetAppsAdam
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Restore all databases only, is it possibble?

Post by JetAppsAdam »

Hello zoltanp,

Restoring all databases only is possible to do in JetBackup, and there are a couple of different methods to achieve this. The first option is the Single Account restore method. To do this you can go to Restore and Download > Single Account > Choose the desired account > Select the desired backup > Show advanced settings > DB > Select all databases that you would like to restore. Please note that if you would only like the databases restored, you must unselect all other Backup Items or they will be restored from this backup as well.

If you would like to restore the databases of all accounts on the server, then the second option is the Multi Account restore method. To do this you can go to Restore and Download > Multi Account > Restore > Next > Select only Databases > Restore Filtered Accounts. Just a word of warning, if you do happen to go the Multi Account restore route, JetBackup will restore all databases for all filtered accounts. Configuring specific databases is only possible if you restore using the Single Account method.
Thank you,

Adam G
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com
zoltanp

Post by zoltanp »

Thank you Adam for the detailed answer!
Anyway, is it possibble to lock (I mean keep "forever") all the backups made on Xth of X month with the same method?
JetAppsAdam
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsAdam »

Hello zoltanp,

It is possible to use the Multi Account method to indefinitely lock the backups of all accounts created on a specific date! To do this you would go to Restore and Download > Multi Account > Lock Backups > Show More Filters > Set the Backup Date Range to the desired date > Next > Set lock time to Unlimited time (or whatever the desired length that you would like the backups to be locked) > Lock Filtered Account Backups. You use the same method to unlock backups as well.
Thank you,

Adam G
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com