Merging backups from two separate jobs

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
MEPlus

Merging backups from two separate jobs

Post by MEPlus »

Hi,

I have a cPanel on which JetBackup is configured with two separate incremental jobs. Each job backs up different accounts (using a filter applied to each job).

These two jobs are backing up to a remote SSH server, both share the same location, but each job created its own jetbackup_1_1_* folder tree, containing their respective accounts.

I would like to basically merge both jobs together into one single job, so all sites are backed up by one single job, without having to do a new full backup.

Is there a way to do it (by manually moving the account folders from the second job directory into the first job's directory), or will I be forced to do a full backup for all the accounts that get moved to the first job?

Thanks,

---
Eric
JetAppsAdam
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Merging backups from two separate jobs

Post by JetAppsAdam »

Hello Eric,

Thank you for reaching out to our Forums. As you touched on, each Backup Job generates its own jetbackup folder with different sets of identifiers to prevent any potential conflicts across multiple backup jobs and destinations. Unfortunately, with this in mind, it is not possible to merge backups across backup jobs, nor does JetBackup support directly modifying the backup/index files. In your situation, the best course of action would be to generate a new set of backups for all of the accounts that you wish to migrate.
Thank you,

Adam G
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com
MEPlus

Re: Merging backups from two separate jobs

Post by MEPlus »

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your answer. I'll probably add the smaller sites to the other backup that has the larger sites in that case, and just redownload a fresh full backup for these sites.

Take care,

Eric