Slack Notification only working to general Slack channel

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
factor3

Slack Notification only working to general Slack channel

Post by factor3 »

Hello

I have created a notification to an open channel called #web-backups in slack and followed the instructions to set up notifications from here https://docs.jetbackup.com/v5.2/adminpa ... ugins.html

I receive an error saying no such channel unless i change the channel to #general in which case it connects just fine

The channel i want to publish too is not a private channel it is a standard slack channel,

I have also followed the steps to add the slack app to the channel to try and get it to work, which i understand is only necessary for private channels. however i cannot get it to publish to any channel accept general

Any thoughts on how i get it to notify the correct channel and not just the general one?
factor3

Re: Slack Notification only working to general Slack channel

Post by factor3 »

Follow up some channels it works ok, others it does not

Older channel with hypens does not connect
Older channel single word - does connect

New channel with hyphens - does not connect
New channel single word - does not connect
JetAppsAnton
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsAnton »

Hello factor3,

Based on the information you provided, could you please try Reinstalling your Slack App to your Workspace by visiting https://api.slack.com/ , selecting your corresponding slack app under the "Your Apps" Tab, then navigate to "Oauth & Permissions" under Features then click "Reinstall to Workspace".
Capture.png
Capture.png (180.16 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
Once reinstalled, please copy your OAuth Token and try using it to authenticate your Slack notification in JetBackup 5.

If you continue to have issues adding your Slack channel, please don't hesitate to reach out to our 24/7 support team at [email protected].

Thank You,
Anton, JetApps Team
factor3

Post by factor3 »

no joy with this i am afraid, i will raise a support ticket
JetAppsAnton
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsAnton »

Hello factor3,

Sorry to hear that you continue to have issues fetching your Slack channels and thank you for going over the initial troubleshooting steps we provided. Thank you for going ahead and opening a ticket with us and we will promptly provide an update here once your issue has been resolved on our helpdesk. In the meantime, please continue working with our technicians on our helpdesk while our team continues their investigation and addresses your Slack issue.

Best Regards
Anton, JetApps Team