User Permissions problem

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
lesiex

User Permissions problem

Post by lesiex »

Hi,
I have own hosted cpanel server, i have installed jetbackup, to test add all permissions in jetbackup to cpanel account.
when I log into cpanel, I only see 5 basic tabs (Dashboard, Restore And Download, Downloads, Alerts, Queue)
I can't manage backups etc.
I would like the client to be able to create backup jobs himself
JetAppsAnton
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: User Permissions problem

Post by JetAppsAnton »

Hello lesiex,

Thank you for reaching out regarding your inquiry about JetBackup 5 permissions system and the Backup Job section. Just to clarify, only admins and resellers with access to the admin interface (WHM) can have access to the Backup Jobs and Destination sections of JetBackup 5.

If you would like to give a cPanel account access to Backup Jobs, you would need to promote the account as a reseller and provide access to WHM, then provide the Backup Jobs permission in JB5 accordingly (which you already have tested). The cPanel reseller would then have to open up JetBackup 5 on the WHM side and they could create their Backup Jobs accordingly.

Just to provide you with additional insight, we updated our JetBackup 5 interface and permissions system that limits the User Interface with core JetBackup features (accessing, restoring, and downloading user backups) and only allows accounts with access to the host panel's admin interface for admin-level JetBackup features and functionality (setting up Destinations, Backup Jobs, Settings, Permissions, etc.), and this is based on the feedback we received from the community.

I hope I was able to clarify your inquiry and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our 24/7 support team at [email protected]

Best Regards
Anton, JetApps Team