JetBackup WHM SSH Login Failed for No Reason

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
ibokahveci

JetBackup WHM SSH Login Failed for No Reason

Post by ibokahveci »

Hi Guys,
On the version 4 jetbackup SSH destination option was working. when I install yum install rsync to backup server on Centos 7. that's it.
I upgrade the version 5 and SSH always giving me the failed login error.
I tried too many things to fix it.
like I install clean centos.
I changed SSH port.
I notified SElinux my new port.
I added my current server Ip to whitelist.
I install rsync.
and I tried to not install anything with clean centos. I install centos maybe 20 times and tried different combination for solution.
No Solution.
And strange part is my putty is connecting my server, my cuteftp is connecting, filezilla is connecting without any issue. Everykind SSH program or SFTP program is connecting. How is possible your system is getting failed to connection. You need to improve your SSH connection. you are thinking people is only using local backup. Most people using keeping backup on the other source.
I also upgrade to EDGE version.
but your SSH system still is saying failed to login.
You need to check your SSH plugin on version 5 or your plugin needs to connect like Putty you need to change something.
Right now I am using local backup option. I am waiting new update.
I do not want to switch back to version 4. Please improve your SSH connection fix all connection issue.
JetappsCris
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: JetBackup WHM SSH Login Failed for No Reason

Post by JetappsCris »

Hi Ibokahveci,

We're sorry for the issue you are facing. For our team to better assist you, can you please provide the exact error you are receiving?
Please note, for faster response times to important issues, you are always welcome to email our 24/7 support team at [email protected]

We hope to hear from you soon, to resolve the issue.
Best Regards,
Cristofer, JetApps Team
netsolution

Post by netsolution »

Hi,
I ma eproving the same problème do you have a solution?

Thanks!
JetappsCris
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetappsCris »

Hello Netsolutions,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our forums.
This issue can be caused by several items that could have been set up improperly or in a manner conflicting with JetBackup.

Because this problem does not have one specific cause, we would need you to provide any errors you may be receiving when attempting to ssh into your destination. As we recommended for Ibokahveci, the best method for us to help resolve the issue would be if you opened a help desk ticket with our 24/7 available team, by emailing [email protected].

We hope to hear from you soon, to begin investigating what may be causing this problem.
Best Regards,
Cristofer, JetApps Team