Restoring a backup and checking it's working - best practice?

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
itomic

Restoring a backup and checking it's working - best practice?

Post by itomic »

Hi All,

I'm new to JetBackup, but been working with cPanel for longer than most :-)

One of our hosting clients is asking if we can, every 6 months, manually restore a backup for them, and verify that the site is working correctly, i.e. that the backup is not corrupted.

Obviously the testing of a site will vary from site to site, so I'm no looking for guidance on that.

So generically speaking, do you have any guidance to share on this? Do's and don'ts?

For example... how clever/helpful is JetBackup if I want to restore a backup to either the same WHM server where the live site is currently operating, OR to a different WHM server running JetBackup? How do I workaround the issue of account and domain names being the same?

Any other hints/tips?

Thanks,

Ross
JetAppsRichard
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Restoring a backup and checking it's working - best practice?

Post by JetAppsRichard »

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in JetBackup! Be sure to read through our JetBackup Documentation for more information on the available features of JetBackup. We have also highlighted many Tips/Tricks in our blogs at JetApps Blog - Tips & Tricks

Our JetApps Support Team is available 24/7/365 and can be reached via email at [email protected] so please feel free to contact us for any specific questions or feel free to open/update forum posts here.
Best Regards,
Richard, JetApps Team