All valid cPanel accounts moved to Orphan list

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
TheBenjiManCan

All valid cPanel accounts moved to Orphan list

Post by TheBenjiManCan »

Across multiple cPanel servers, all active cPanel accounts have moved into the Orphan list, there are now no backups being performed at all for ANY of the cPanel accounts (they are most definitely active cPanel accounts !)

How can we get the cPanel accounts Active on JetBackup again ?!?!? Can you move accounts from the Orphan list back to the Active list ?!?!?

Something is amiss (and wrong) for JetBackup to identify the accounts as Inactive and Orphan them.

Any suggestions ?
JetAppsRichard
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: All valid cPanel accounts moved to Orphan list

Post by JetAppsRichard »

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out through our forums and apologies for the issue you have experienced. JetBackup 5 automatically syncs the account status from the panel whenever the account is created/modified/deleted as well as syncs "Active" account data every 3 hours. When an account is removed, it is updated from "Active" to "Orphan" status in the JetBackup 5 Panel.

If you ever find that the JetBackup 5 Panel does not match the status of the account on the actual panel, you can trigger the JetBackup 5 Sync Accounts Task by restarting the jetbackup5 service:

Code: Select all

service jetbackup5d restart
There have been some cases where a server reboot can cause the issue that you reported of "All accounts becoming orphan". In this case, it is possible that the jetbackup5d service started before the cPanel service and was unable to use the cPanel API to fetch the account data when trying to sync accounts thus resulting in the accounts being listed as orphans. We do have an open internal issue for this behavior tagged as JB5-CP #72 and in the meantime can be resolved by restarting the jetbackup5d service using the command noted above. Please have a look and see if this was the case for your server.

I apologize for any inconvenience and please let us know if the above resolves the issue.
Best Regards,
Richard, JetApps Team
TheBenjiManCan

Post by TheBenjiManCan »

:o so simple.

Also explains why a system reboot didn't resolve it for me either.

Yes, that has sorted it.
Thank you
JetAppsRichard
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsRichard »

TheBenjiManCan wrote: November 3rd, 2021, 9:33 am :o so simple.

Also explains why a system reboot didn't resolve it for me either.

Yes, that has sorted it.
Thank you
I'm glad we were able to resolve this issue. As mentioned previously we are looking into ways to avoid this issue with future updates so please stay tuned to our Release Notes and Changelog for updates on when that fix will be available. :D
Best Regards,
Richard, JetApps Team
pvtlau

Post by pvtlau »

Sorry to comment on an old thread, but it perfectly describes the issue we had.

I ran "service jetbackup5d restart" and it solved the issue.

Is there any update on when a permanent fix is coming? I figure this issue is likely to bite us again when the server is rebooted next.

We're currently running version 5.2.10 (on the stable tier). I couldn't see any fixes at a glance in the change logs.
https://changelog.jetbackup.com/jetbackup/5/base/
JetAppsAdam
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsAdam »

Hello pvtlau,

We are very sorry to hear that this issue persists for you. Taking a look at the changelog (https://changelog.jetbackup.com/jetbackup/5/base#cpanel), it appears that Case JB5-CP #72 should have been resolved in JetBackup 5.2.8. This updated JetBackup to ensure that JetBackup only starts AFTER the cPanel service, which we determined to be the root of this issue. If you are still experiencing this issue on JetBackup 5.2.10 then I would advise you to open a ticket with our 24/7/365 support team so that they can better diagnose your server. Once again we apologize for the inconvenience, and if you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Thank you,

Adam G
JetApps, LLC.
JetApps.com | JetBackup.com