FTP Destination / Storage Box Hetzner

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
leveltgp

FTP Destination / Storage Box Hetzner

Post by leveltgp »

Hello, just purchased Jet Backup.
I installed ssh destination but I cannot connect so to create baxkup to this destination. Can you help me on this? Do I must deactivate Whm Backups to Jet Backup to connect with ssh or ftp? It does not login to storage box destination. What must I do? Thank you very much.
JetAppsRichard
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: FTP Destination / Storage Box Hetzner

Post by JetAppsRichard »

Hello,

Thank you for your support of JetBackup. I am sorry to see you are having trouble configuring a JetBackup SSH Destination to your Hetzner Storage Box. The forum post Hetzner Connection Problem goes over many useful troubleshooting steps for adding a Hetzner storage box as an SSH Destination.

I would like to also note that JetBackup 5 does not currently support backup transfer via FTP/SFTP. Our SSH Destinations utilize Rsync over SSH to transfer your JetBackup Backups to the configured destination. Please ensure that the destination is configured to allow an SSH Connection. You can test this by trying to connect to the destination over ssh via the terminal:

Code: Select all

ssh {user}@u####.your-storagebox.de -p 23 ls
Please let us know if you require any further assistance and always feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] to submit a support ticket if needed.
Best Regards,
Richard, JetApps Team
sgonzalez

Re: FTP Destination / Storage Box Hetzner

Post by sgonzalez »

If you need to setup Jetbackup5 with Hetzner Storage Box destination please refer to this video. It has a great explanation and a full PDF on the comments with all the commands used. (PDF is also available in english) I was able to get the destination working in less than 10 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML9X6Hb13eM