Installation Failed

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
azisurrehman

Installation Failed

Post by azisurrehman »

When i execute this (jetapps --install jetbackup-mc edge) command at the end, it says failed to get versions.
Server is contabo with WHM installed. Kindly help
JetAppsRichard
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Installation Failed

Post by JetAppsRichard »

Hello azisurrehman,

From your post it appears that the jetapps repo may not have been fully installed. Could you please run the following 3 commands to ensure that the repo is up to date:

Code: Select all

yum install http://repo.jetlicense.com/centOS/jetapps-repo-latest.rpm
yum clean all --enablerepo=jetapps*
yum install jetapps-cpanel --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=jetapps
Once these three commands have been run please try the jetapps --install command again. Please note that it appears you are trying to install the jetbackup-mc package. This package is for the JetBackup Management Console which is a supplemental product for JetBackuup 4. If you are looking to install JetBackup 4 or JetBackup 5 please run one of the following commands:

JetBackup 4:

jetapps --install jetbackup stable
JetBackup 5:

jetapps --install jetbackup-cpanel stable
Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Best Regards,
Richard, JetApps Team
WebDig

Post by WebDig »

Hi @JetAppsRichard,

i have a server in Contabo with cpanel/whm, and i bought a jetbackup license on the Cpanel website.
Then in my WHM account connected as "root", I tried the automatic installation via WHM Marketplace and it gave an error.

I followed the documentation on the Jetbackup website and uninstalled it, having then performed a manual installation with the commands you indicated.
You successfully purchased the JetBackup license. However, the system does not have JetBackup installed. See the error log for more information, or try again later. If the problem persists, contact Customer Service.
Once again, it gave an error :(
JetAppsRichard
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsRichard »

Hello @WebDig,

Could you please post the exact errors you are receiving when trying to install JetBackup manually through the terminal while following the instructions here:

JetBackup 4 - https://docs.jetbackup.com/manual/whm/G ... ation.html

JetBackup 5 - https://docs.jetbackup.com/v5.1/adminpa ... ation.html

We have not had many reports of issues with installing JetBackup via the automatic installation in WHM. Can you verify the system configuration is supported to install jetbackup? For more support on the errors you received while using the whm automatic installation, we recommend opening a ticket with cPanel support at [email protected].

Let us know what you find.
Best Regards,
Richard, JetApps Team