restore from diferents jobs

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
rafasshop

restore from diferents jobs

Post by rafasshop »

Hello!

In jetbackup 4 I have two differents backupy jobs, one for full account in incremental in daily basis, and another one only for databases each 6h.

In JB4, when I go to restore, I can select the backup job to restore, and if I want to restore last database I can do it

With JB5, I can't find this feature. I have same imported backups, and the backups are working, completed without errors and the files existe in the correct path.

But when I go to restore, the only option I have is to restore de backups from the job of the full website that is on daily basis, and I don't found how I can select to restore from the job of only databases.

I tried using compressed and incremental. This last option due on JB4 only works with that mode.

What I need to do to restore from the other job?

Thank you!
JetAppsRichard
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: restore from diferents jobs

Post by JetAppsRichard »

Hello,

in JetBackup 5, it is still possible to restore only database backups that were generated by different backup jobs. In order to do so, please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the Accounts Page on JetBackup 5 and select the account whose backups you would like to restore.
2. Press View Backup.
viewAccountBackups.PNG
viewAccountBackups.PNG (8.49 KiB) Viewed 1397 times
3. Note that the Account backups that appear in the main drop-down are only "Full Backups".
onlyFullBackups.PNG
onlyFullBackups.PNG (16.27 KiB) Viewed 1397 times
4. You can press the Show Advanced Settings -> DB, to select a different backup for only the Database, which will include the backups generated by the database backup job.
moreBackups.PNG
moreBackups.PNG (23.42 KiB) Viewed 1397 times
5. Select the date/time of the database backup you want to restore from and press the restore button.
6. On the final screen, remove any items you do not want to restore by pressing the Remove items button under each.
finalRestore.PNG
finalRestore.PNG (19 KiB) Viewed 1397 times
7. Press Restore Selected Items and the restore will be added to the queue.

Please let us know if you have any further questions and thank you for your continued support of JetBackup 5.
Best Regards,
Richard, JetApps Team
rafasshop

Post by rafasshop »

Thank you for your very detailed explanation Richard!

Now is more complex to find that, I understand that jetbackup have good reasons to put this here more organized, but is not intuitive.

I am not an advanced user, so in my mind, if is there a main button with "Restore" I can think that is the only method to restore that, in fact in previos version was in that place.

It is only personal suggestion, but I think that can help if in "restore" menu you add a link like "Can't find your backup? click here" and link to a help like you post here or add other possible options too.

Regards.
JetAppsRichard
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsRichard »

Hello,

Thank you for the valuable and honest feedback as this helps our team improve JetBackup 5 as we continue our efforts in its development. We have received lots of great feedback regarding the JetBackup 5 UI and its usability. I will be passing your suggestions and feedback along to our development for consideration for future updates.

I'd also like to urge you to open a feature request at request.jetapps.com as gaining a high number of votes for requests helps our team gauge the demand and assess how to best allocate our development resources towards features that are popular with the JetBackup community. If you have any more suggestions or feedback, please let us know!
Best Regards,
Richard, JetApps Team