Backblaze with Jetbackup5 Access Key

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
ChadRobin

Backblaze with Jetbackup5 Access Key

Post by ChadRobin »

I am Trying to set up Blackblaze on JetBackup5 and it keeps on telling me that my Access Key is invalid, I have copied it as it appeared , but get the response :Error: The key '----' is not valid (InvalidAccessKeyId) when I try and save.

I have confirmed with Backblaze that its all in order and ensured that I pasted it into a notepad before pasting it on the screen to ensure there are no unwanted characters or formatting

Anyone else have similar issues ?
JetAppsRichard
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Backblaze with Jetbackup5 Access Key

Post by JetAppsRichard »

Hello ChadRobin,

There are many reasons this error could occur when creating an S3 destination using the new S3 Compatible Plugin. Here are some helpful tips to troubleshoot the error "Error: The key '----' is not valid (InvalidAccessKeyId)" when adding a S3 Compatible Destination on JetBackup 5.

• Ensure that the correct vendor is selected for the destination you will like to configure. Having the wrong vendor selected will use the wrong endpoints when authenticating the connection. If your vendor is not in the showcase, please refer to our docs on how to set a Custom Vendor.
  • Be sure the access key, secret key, and bucket all match the configuration you have set in your S3 Compatible Vendor.
  • Regions for each vendor can be selected by the dropdown. If the region you have configured is not within the list, please input the region manually by using "Custom Region". You can look up your region by logging into your vendor console and selecting your bucket. The region will be part of the endpoint that is used for the S3 Compatible API and will format like the following: `us-west-001`
Please have a look at these steps and let us know if you have any further trouble adding your destination.
Best Regards,
Richard, JetApps Team
ChadRobin

Post by ChadRobin »

Hi Richard, thank you for responding. I have followed your steps to the Letter and am still unsuccessful
JetAppsRichard
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsRichard »

Hello ChadRobin,

Thank you for the update. For BackBlaze, we noticed they use slightly different naming conventions for their S3 Compatible Access/Secret Key. For BackBlaze Application Keys:

Access Key = keyID
Secret Key = applicationKey

The image below shows how these values are displayed after creating a new Application Key for BackBlaze:
backBlazeKeys.PNG
backBlazeKeys.PNG (10.86 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
Please also ensure that the application has both Read and Write privileges for the assigned bucket. You can follow a detailed guide on creating BackBlaze Application Keys for JetBackup 5 in our docs at: https://docs.jetbackup.com/v5.1/adminpa ... instr.html

If you still encounter issues, we highly suggest opening a support ticket at [email protected] so our support team could further assist.
Best Regards,
Richard, JetApps Team
ChadRobin

Post by ChadRobin »

Thanks Richard