Failed to write to socket creating "download"

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
rafasshop

Failed to write to socket creating "download"

Post by rafasshop »

Hello!

I am with Jetbackup 5.

I created some Downloads for differents accounts and all works fine except for one that show me the error "Failed to write to socket" just in the moment I click on "Download filtered account backup" button.

I googled for it and try to search information on your documentation but I can't find anything related with this error message.

Anyone have an idea of possible reason for that?

Thank you!

Regards!
JetAppsRichard
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Failed to write to socket creating "download"

Post by JetAppsRichard »

Hello rafasshop,

It is unusual that this error occurred even when other accounts were able to be downloaded with no issues. Could you try the following troubleshooting steps and retry the download to see if it is able to go through.

1. Validate/Reindex the Destination where the backup is located.
To do this, you can navigate to JetBackup 5 -> Destinations and select the destination where the backups are located. First press the button Validate Destination to ensure that there are no connection issues to the destination. Then try running a reindex by pressing the reindex button. This will resync JetBackup with the Destination.

2. Restart the jetbackup5d service.
There are times and error within the jetbackup5d service can cause other related issues. Please try restarting the jetbackup5d service by running the following command:

Code: Select all

service jetbackup5d restart
If after trying these steps, the issues still persist please let us know.
Best Regards,
Richard, JetApps Team
rafasshop

Post by rafasshop »

Hi Richard!

Thank you for your help.

I tried both things.

The reindex only take 10 seconds to finish based on the queue, I am not sure if this is ok, I checked the log and seems to be all ok.

I restarted the service but continue with same error

Code: Select all

Failed to add account to queue - Failed to write to socket
Any other idea?

Thanks
JetAppsRichard
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by JetAppsRichard »

Hello,

Thank you for the update.
The reindex only take 10 seconds to finish based on the queue, I am not sure if this is ok, I checked the log and seems to be all ok.
As long as there are no errors within the log this is okay. Reindexes can be quick when JetBackup is fully in-sync with the destination already.
I restarted the service but continue with same error
Please also check to see if the account is reassignable within the Accounts page. You can check this by navigating to JetBackup -> Accounts See image below:
reassign.PNG
reassign.PNG (7.49 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
If you are using a destination that had backups generated before, then after adding the destination JetBackup could have found the old backups, but for security reasons, JetBackup assigned them to the original UUIDs. The Reassign option allows you, as the admin of the server, to decide whether to assign the old UUID to the new account in your server and use his backups.

If the reassign option appears for the account you are trying to download backups for is available. Try reassigning the account and downloading a backup assigned to the different UUID.

If the issue still persists, I would highly suggest opening a support ticket at [email protected] so that we may further investigate. Apologies for any inconvenience and hope to hear from you soon.
Best Regards,
Richard, JetApps Team