Export JB config button

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
leoneposta

Export JB config button

Post by leoneposta »

Hi guys,
please clarify the button "Export JB config". i was confused about it and i understand it only after a test.

the button could mean that the state is OFF or that i need to press it to set it OFF

thanks
JetAppsRichard
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Export JB config button

Post by JetAppsRichard »

Hello leonposta,

The Export JB Config feature in both JetBackup 4 and JetBackup 5 indicate whether a Destination is currently being used to store the JetBackup Configuration in case of Disaster Recovery. For more information regarding the JetBackup Configuration and Disaster Recovery please visit https://docs.jetbackup.com/v5.1/adminpa ... overy.html. The image you linked appears to be within the JetBackup 4 interface but allow me to clarify what Export JB Config button does for both JetBackup 4 and JetBackup 5.

JetBackup 4:

The Export JB Config states that you need to press the button to move to the state that it shows. If it indicates "Export JB Config OFF", then pressing the button will disable JB Configs on that destination.

JetBackup 5:

The Export JB Config button on JetBackup 5 is a bit more clear about the status of the feature. The button will be greyed out and display "Disabled" when it is disabled. Pressing the button while in this state will ENABLE JB Config for that destination and the button will turn green. There is an additional radio button that can be toggled on/off under the column JB Config to easily enable/disable Export JB Config for that destination.

I hope that the information provided clarifies these buttons. If you have any further questions, please do let us know!
Best Regards,
Richard, JetApps Team