Some notes about Jetbackup 5

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
nickgr

Some notes about Jetbackup 5

Post by nickgr »

Hello

I have just tried Jetbackup 5 and my first impression ..... is not so god

Snapshots are gone, admin config entries that should not appear in the user section are there, functionality is not so strait froward as in Jetbackup 4

In order for a simple user to create a backup , the "Can Manage Accounts" permission must be granted

When a user has this permission, the View Orphan Account tab appears in his Jetbackup -> Accounts Dashboard

Why must a single user have this tab ? It does not show the orphan accounts , but it is still scary to be there

Worst, under the Modify Account tab , a user can bypass admin setting for Maximum Backups per Account and set Max On Demand Backups eg on 1000 , or no limit at all

Nice way to have your backup server space filled up
JetAppsRichard
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Some notes about Jetbackup 5

Post by JetAppsRichard »

Hello,

I would like to start by saying thank you for all the great feedback you have provided regarding JetBackup 5. Allow me to address your concerns in the order as they appear:
Snapshots are gone, admin config entries that should not appear in the user section are there, functionality is not so strait froward as in Jetbackup 4
Backups on Demand have taken the role of Snapshots within JetBackup 5. We have received feedback from other users regarding the new JetBackup 5 interface and areas that could use improvement. Could you provide more detail regarding the specific interface features that you found are not as "straight forward" so that we can pass more information to our developers to further improve the interface.
In order for a simple user to create a backup , the "Can Manage Accounts" permission must be granted
We have an open internal case for our permissions system as we are currently discussing more granular settings for users. This way the admin will have more control over what the end-users can and cannot do.
When a user has this permission, the View Orphan Account tab appears in his Jetbackup -> Accounts Dashboard. Why must a single user have this tab ? It does not show the orphan accounts , but it is still scary to be there.
Worst, under the Modify Account tab , a user can bypass admin setting for Maximum Backups per Account and set Max On Demand Backups eg on 1000 , or no limit at all
Thank you for reporting these issues. I have passed this information along to our developers in order to have the Orphan Accounts tab hidden/removed for single accounts as well as address the issue with users being able to bypass admin settings for Max On Demand Backups.

We appreciate any and all feedback from the community as it allows us to further improve our software and provide you, the user, with a secure, reliable and cutting edge backup management solution.
Best Regards,
Richard, JetApps Team