Setup backup order by account usage

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
sgonzalez

Setup backup order by account usage

Post by sgonzalez »

Hi, how are you doing folks? Just wanted to know if I can modify the order of how backups are made. Actually the backup order is alphabetical. I wanted to start from the smaller account and finish with the bigger ones.

Thanks
JetAppsRichard
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Setup backup order by account usage

Post by JetAppsRichard »

Hello,

I understand that you are looking for a way to change the order in which accounts are backed up. Unfortunately, with JetBackup there is no native way to change the backup order. As you mentioned, all backups are made in alphabetical order. With that said, I highly suggest opening a feature request to try to get this feature under consideration by our developers. You can open a feature request here: https://request.jetapps.com/topic/add.

Additionally, I would like to point out JetBackup's Disk Space Usage Account Filters. With these account filters, you can try creating two Backup Jobs, one that includes accounts below a certain threshold and one job that includes the accounts above the same threshold. You can then set an After Backup Job Schedule to the second backup job with the bigger accounts. This would simulate backing up small accounts first and then backing up larger accounts although not exactly.

If you have any other questions please do let us know!
Best Regards,
Richard, JetApps Team
sgonzalez

Re: Setup backup order by account usage

Post by sgonzalez »

Hi Richard, thanks for the reply. I think I will go with the option that you sugested. That will make the trick. :)

Thanks a lot Richard.