Rsync backup uploads very slow

cPanel, Industry leading hosting platform with world-class support.
MrIver

Rsync backup uploads very slow

Post by MrIver »

Hi guys,

We are running a rsync incremental remote backup with a destination created as described in your guide.

However the upload speed to rsync is very slow, only reaching speeds of 10-15 Mbit/s.

Could there be anything in our jetback settings preventing a higher upload speed. Bandwithlimit is set to unlimited.

Both rsync and Hetzner (our datacenter) says that there are no limitaions at their end.

Please let us know if you need further details of our Jetbackup setup in order to help.

Thanks!
JetAppsAnton
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Rsync backup uploads very slow

Post by JetAppsAnton »

Hi MrIver,

To better diagnose and provide you with assistance on finding potential bottlenecks on your backup destination, please reach out to your license provider for support on your licensed product, which ensures a more expedient resolution to most issues. If you directly purchased your JetBackup license and have an active account with us, please reach out to our support team through our helpdesk or emailing us at [email protected].

Best Regards,
Anton, JetApps Team
Joker

Re: Rsync backup uploads very slow

Post by Joker »

I have the same question. I have about 11GB of data that so far has taken over 5 hours to download. My server shows about 5-6Mb/s data coming in from rsync. This is REALLY slow. I'm not expecting gigabit speeds, but really? This is incredibly slow. And JetBackup support shrug their shoulders and say to talk to rsync. Rsync are not much help either. Anyone have any ideas?